The date is set on September 17, 2016 for the 10th FOCCUS Awards Night, the awarding and renewal of brands for the members of the Model Cooperative Network, the FOCCUS Group of Cooperatives. This much awaited Awards Night convenes only every three years to award and renew the FOCCUS (Finance Organization Achieving Certified Credit Union Standard) Brand for Certified FOCCUS Cooperatives.
Certified FOCCUS Cooperatives are coops that have achieved and maintained the International Prudential Standards for safe, sound and sustainable cooperative business organizations. These Cooperatives are:
- Agdao Multipurpose Cooperative (AMPC) of Davao City
- BCS Credit Cooperative (BCS-CC)of Bansalan, Davao del Sur
- CEV Credit Cooperative (CEV-CC) of Tagbilaran City, Bohol
- First Community Cooperative (FICCO) of Cagayan de Oro City
- Kapalong Cooperative (KC) of Kapalong, Davao del Norte
- Maragusan Growers Multipurpose Cooperative (MAGROW) of Maragusan, Compostela Valley
- Nabunturan Integrated Cooperative (NICO) of Nabunturan, Compostela Valley
- Panabo Multipurpose Cooperative (PMPC) of Panabo City, Davao del Norte
- Pantukan Chess Club Cooperative (PCCC) of Pantukan, Compostela Valley
- Samal Island Multipurpose Cooperative (SIMC) of the Island Garden City of Samal
- Silangan Multipurpose Cooperative (SMPC) of Davao City
- Tagum Cooperative (TC) of Tagum City
- USPD Savings and Credit Cooperative (USPD – SCC) of Digos, Davao del Sur
For this award season, three of the FOCCUS Cooperatives are set to receive the FOCCUS PLATINUM Achievement Award for having attained the highest level of stringent standards required of FOCCUS Cooperatives. These are FICCO, SMPC and TC. The Platinum level is the ultimate goal for every FOCCUS Cooperative that indicates superior member services, business competitiveness and long-term stability.
FOCCUS Gold and Silver Achievement Awards will also be bestowed to the other 10 FOCCUS Cooperatives. This means that these cooperatives have complied with the International Prudential Standards to guarantee safety and soundness of operations and sustainability of their cooperative business.
Five of these cooperatives, aside from having been proven to be a safe haven for members’ investments and money, are also billionaire cooperatives serving a substantial number of member-cooperators. Topping the list is FICCO with total assets of more than 9 Billion pesos already. It is followed by Tagum Cooperative that is now more than 4 Billion pesos strong. Three other cooperatives, AMPC, NICO and USPD-SCC have already breached the 1 Billion Pesos mark as of this year, 2016.
“Strict adherence to the FOCCUS Prudential Standards has helped these cooperatives stay true to their promise of SAFE, SOUND and SUSTAINABLE Cooperative operations to their members. For those that are not members of cooperatives yet, make sure that you pick those that are certified FOCCUS” Ms. Rhoda Ruth M. Pillerin, CEO of the FOCCUS Group of Cooperatives said.
[Press release from Model Cooperative Network]