One of the cities we had the pleasure to visit this year is Cagayan De Oro, the Heart of Northern Mindanao. We drove from Davao City to CDO, the longest road trip we had using our own car. The trip going to CDO was both fun and memorable, while the one going back to Davao was more memorable than fun. Just a tip: You can’t trust Google Maps all the time. Hahaha!
At CDO, we stayed at Red Planet Hotel. We made a reservation before leaving Davao to make sure we have a room once we arrive.
Red Planet Cagayan De Oro is just a 2-minute walk away from Limketkai Mall, Centrio Mall and Limketkai Luxe Hotel. It’s conveniently located just beside SM CDO Downtown Premier. So, if it’s just good location we’re talking about, this hotel gets 5 stars!
Room rate is set at P1,485 per night. If you’re a loyal customer under their RemembeRED Red Planet Loyalty Programme, you get 25% discount when you book and stay during your birth month and 10% discount on other months.
What’s Available Inside Room:
- huge mirrors
- cable TV
- card for entry and elevator use
- ceiling fan
- queen-sized bed
- small work desk
- safety deposit box
- WiFi in room
- in-stay app (chat or call front desk)
- hot and cold shower and faucet
- hair dryer
- liquid soap
- 3-in-1 shower gel, shampoo and conditioner
- 2 pillows (we requested for 2 more and they offered them for free)
What’s Not Available Inside Room:
- dining table
- Red Planet Cagayan De Oro is located along the city’s major highway, so it’s easy to locate.
- The hotel is very near major malls — in fact, it’s just beside SM CDO Downtown Premier. Thus, supermarkets, drugstores, coffee shops, restaurants and more are readily accessible.
- There’s Circa restaurant at the hotel entrance, which offers delightful breakfast meals.
- The hotel lobby has an AVIS car rental desk for your vehicle needs, a printing service station (for P5 per page), and a Red Planet souvenir store.
- If you brought your car like we did, they have 13 parking slots on the 2nd floor and 5 roadside parking slots.
- The Circa Restaurant and the hotel parking area can get busy at peak hours, resulting to long waiting times at the restaurant and no available parking slots.
- They don’t have a phone inside the room, but they have an in-stay app, which you can download and use to chat with or call front desk personnel. The downside to this is you need to have a smartphone to get the app.
Overall, we would recommend Red Planet Cagayan De Oro for the high value we got for our money. The place is clean, and it has all the basics we need plus more. Also, have I mentioned that the hotel’s location is just perfect?
Red Planet Cagayan De Oro
C.M. Recto Avenue, Cagayan de Oro City
Contact No: (088) 880-0888
Visiting Davao soon? Check our Davao City Hotels Directory.
[Featured image from Red Planet Cagayan de Oro website]