It’s easy to lose your identity in a world full of disappointments, judgment, and frustrations. Despite these struggles, we shouldn’t neglect the importance of taking care of the self. Health and beauty retailer Watsons understands this, and that’s why it recently launched the “Look Good, Feel Great” campaign to remind us to take care of ourselves.
Self-love is a state of appreciation for yourself that is manifested through different means. Self-love involves taking care of yourself, not losing touch with who you are despite the stresses of everyday life. Taking care of your health, face, hair and skin are some of the basic aspects of self-love because when you look good, you feel great.
Self-love starts with self-awareness, which means knowing your strengths and weaknesses and likes and dislikes. It can mean anything from doing something that will make you feel great like wearing a new pair of shoes or applying red lipstick on a Monday to make you look good.
Check out this video to see Watsons’ latest campaign “Look Good, Feel Great”, which also appears on the company’s social media channels:
Watsons Tips to Look Good, Feel Great
Here are some simple but effective ways to remind yourself of your identity:
- Know yourself. It all starts with being aware of who you are and what you can do.
- Do it NOW. So one of your New Year’s resolutions is to achieve glowing skin. Don’t wait until the year is over to have a realistic skin care routine based on proper cleansing, moisturizing and sun protection.
- Set goals for yourself. Proper sleep, exercise and good nutrition are only some of the steps you should take to achieve your goals. List down your goals and think carefully how you can achieve them.
- Work hard, but take it easy. You’re not perfect; nobody is. If you are overweight, you can do something about it. If you look tired, there’s a reason for that. It’s not because you were born that way.
- Reach out to people. A lot of individuals struggle with lack of time or will to take proper care of themselves. Watsons encourages people to love themselves more to look good and feel great.
On a final note, never forget that one of the greatest love stories that we will encounter in our lives should be with us — take care of yourself and you’ll be rewarded; if you look good, you’ll feel great.
(Information from Watsons Philippines / First Tier Media)