Perspiration. Scorching sun. Crowded downtown. It seemed like it was going to be an unforgettable day, for all the wrong reasons. The first Davao Bloggers Walk — which unfolded on June 20, 2011 during the celebration of Jose Rizal’s 150th birthday — found the members of the new media marching through the busy streets of Davao, hoping to find some semblance of satisfaction.
Well, what do you know! The first gathering of its kind here in the city proved to be an unforgettable day, but for the
right awesome reasons. It was like hitting two birds with one stone — we were given an opportunity to meet and greet fellow bloggers, while at the same time being able to appreciate the unique scenes in downtown Davao.
The bloggers toured around the heart of Davao City, while being able to accomplish so much the whole afternoon:
- We gathered at Rizal Park, and discussed the itinerary at the nearby Osmena Park.
- We had the chance to appreciate the city’s history at Davao Museum
- Our afternoon snacks were street food. A big shout out to Andrew dela Serna for his first kwek-kwek!
- Everyone was in awe of the collectible stamps and coins by Rene Adapon at the Manila Bulletin office.
- We stopped by San Pedro Church, before capping the day with a communal dinner at Kusina Dabaw.
Thank you to the officers of Davao Bloggers (Leah, Olan, Andrew, Dulce, Chattee) for bringing the local bloggers together in this unique kind of event. We were so happy to be able to meet fellow bloggers — Albert, Amor, Angie, CJ, Duane, Faust, Jona, Kim, Koii, Leo, Mark, MJ, Neo and Perry.
We’re already excited for the next bloggers gathering! 🙂