Cashless Convenience with GCash Mobile Money Wallet

These days, cashless is how many transactions are done. Online shopping has gone from simply buying dresses and books to now purchasing plane tickets, movie tickets, load for your phones, and more. Still, many Filipinos do not have access to a credit card or a bank account. To address the said gap, there’s GCash – a mobile money wallet service that transforms your smartphone into a wallet.

GCash offers cashless convenience as it allows users not only to shop online, but also to send money, pay bills, buy load, book movies, borrow load, and even pay for purchases done in-store through its Pay QR option.

screenshot_what GCash can do

I recently downloaded a GCash app, which only took less than a minute. Registration was also a breeze. I simply filled out the form online, and in a few minutes, I was done.

Scan to Pay via GCash

I was pretty sure it can do online shopping, and so the first thing I wanted to try was its Scan to Pay feature. I wanted to pay for my in-store purchases without opening my wallet — that means no cash and no credit card. Instead, I plan to pay using my smartphone.

Several stores in Davao City already accept GCash, and the list includes The SM Store. I got a few items at SM City Davao and looked for the counter that has the “GCash Accepted Here” sign. Using the Pay QR option in the app, I scanned the QR code at the counter (see image below) and entered the amount due.

pay bill through GCash

After a couple of seconds, the app gave a confirmation message that I have successfully paid for my items. The transaction was quick, and it did not involve getting any loose change or signing receipts. GCash keeps the transactions secure through the user’s 4-digit MPIN.

screenshot_paid by GCash

Buy Load via GCash

The next thing I tried was buying load. I did not expect that there’s a nice surprise waiting for users buying load via GCash.

  • Using the app, I got a 50% rebate for my GoSurf 50 purchase. I received the first 10% rebate almost automatically while the remaining 40% was sent after 2 days, as part of their ongoing promo.

screenshot_buy load via GCash app

  • Using GCash in Messenger, I got a 100% rebate for my P100 load purchase. Yep, that’s correct — 100% rebate. Just like in my previous load purchase, I received the first 10% rebate almost instantly while the remaining 90% after 2-3 days (also as a part of their ongoing promo).

screenshot_buy load via GCash in Messenger

For now, only Globe and TM users can enjoy this cashless convenience that GCash offers. Hopefully soon, they can roll this option out to non-Globe subscribers as well. It is a great tool for students and young professionals who cannot get approved for credit cards as of yet. With this, you would not need to ask friends to allow you to use their credit cards for online transactions. You can use your own GCash account for online shopping and more.

Check Also

Philips Gaming Monitors partners up with Globe, Launches their Easter Gaming Promo

Many of us will be spending the Holy Week break at home, but that doesn’t ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *