My husband’s older brother, his wife and 3 kids were in Davao recently for a vacation. As Eden Nature Park is one of Davao’s prime tourist spots, my in-laws organized a family trip there. I’ve been to Eden a few times, but a family outing is always a nice activity. Thus, my hubby and I both filed for a vacation leave.
Call time was 8 AM at my father-in-law’s house. Yet, we were able to hit the road to Eden at around 10:30. No, it’s not that far, we ran a bit late. 😉 But hey, this is a family outing, not a business trip, so it was no big deal really.
Eden provided lots of opportunities for us to bond and enjoy. Here are the hit spots in our family:
1) Playground – well, we’ve got plenty kids …
2) Vista Kiosk – we ate spaghetti, cheese sticks and french fries while a beautifully colored peacock seemed to check if we were enjoying our stay
3) Indiana Jones – at first, I thought the little kids can’t ride the Indiana Jones. But, hey, my husband’s nieces kept on asking for more after trying once!
4) Guided Shuttle Tour – we were supposed to be divided into 2 groups since the available shuttles were small. But, we insisted on having the tour all together, so the Eden staff just have to gave us the bigger shuttle – ang kukulit kasi! 😉
5) Flower Garden – got lots of pictures here…
6) Matinlo Falls – perfect for picture taking!
7) Horseback Riding – the kids tried horseback riding for PhP 85 per 2 rounds while the adults watched them in the nearby canteen.
8.) Skyrider – we were not able to try it as both time and energy have already imposed limits. It was still fun watching those who did, though. I was able to try zipwiring in Outland Adventure, but the Skyrider in Eden is higher and longer. Hmm, maybe next time… By the way, a round-trip ride through Eden’s Skyrider costs PhP 150 per person.
There are a lot more that Eden has to offer. They have a swimming pool, a soccer field, a fishing village, hiking trails, Pinoy games area and more. For those planning to visit Eden soon, you may check their site and see how you can maximize your Eden trip.
Pingback: Gardena Fresca Garden Pond & Grill: Dining With Nature - DavaoBase