Join Light Stories: A Davao Light video-making contest for a chance to win up to P25,000! This competition is open to college students.
Winners get to take home the following:
1st prize: P25,000 + trophy and certificate
2nd prize: P10,000 + trophy and certificate
3rd prize: P5,000 + trophy and certificate
Most Liked Video: P3,000
Most Watched Video: P3,000
Contest Rules and Guidelines (from DLPC)
1. Each entry must focus on the set theme – Light stories: How does sustainable use of electricity improve our daily lives?
2. The length of the video should not exceed 60 seconds (one minute), excluding the 10 second title screen (see below).
3. All entries should begin with a 10 second full-screen “title screen” that includes the following information and end with a catchy one-liner as brief description of the video.
4. Each video must have 3 to 5 student-members that may work together on the project.
5. The student-members may come from different schools. However, they must only choose one (1) school to represent.
6. At least two to three of the members must be enrolled in any school within Davao Light’s franchise (Davao City and Panabo City, and the municipalities of Carmen, Dujali and Sto. Tomas.)
7. The group may submit up to 3 entries.
8. There is no registration fee.
9. All entries must be submitted in digital format and saved in a CD or a DVD. These must be submitted at the Reputation Management Department at Davao Light office in Lanang beside Swiss Deli starting on October 20.
The deadline for submission is at 5:00 p.m. on November 21. Winners will be announced on December 5, venue is to be announced.
10. Entries will be posted on Davao Light’s social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter) and on itsYouTube account. The most liked and watched video will win a special award.
11. No copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) may be used for this contest unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
12. No professional assistance is allowed. Those not part of the team may assist with production but are limited to verbal guidance only. They are also allowed to be actors or cameramen but not content contributors.
13. The judges’ decision is final. Entries will be judged according to the given criteria.
14. Davao Light will not be responsible for any video that is lost, damaged, or that do not upload properly.
15. Davao Light maintains the right to reproduce, reprint, distribute, perform, display, or exhibit the project for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes on their website, at conferences, or at any other venues without further compensation or notification to the participants.
16. Participants agree to be bound by the official contest rules and decisions of the judges.
Criteria for Judging:
Depiction of the theme: 40%