Dencia’s Staple Dishes Warm Up Rainy Days In Davao

August 12, 2012 6 Comments »

Longtime residents of Davao are surely familiar with Davao Dencia’s Restaurant, one of the foremost dining destinations in the city. As a kid who grew up in Davao, I am reminded of piping hot Arroz Caldo whenever the rainy season kicks in.

Leah and I recently chanced upon Dencia’s during a heavy downpour. As if by reflex, I ordered my favorites (and Dencia’s staple dishes): Arroz Caldo, Tokwa’t Baboy, and Fried Lumpia.

Dencia's Arroz Caldo is perfect for the rainy season

Dencia's Tokwa't Baboy is a great partner for Arroz Caldo
Dencia's Fried Lumpia made of vegetables

As I took the first sip off my steaming bowl of Arroz Caldo, memories started to rain down on me. I remember some evenings when Papa would drop by Dencia’s to grab a bag or two of Arroz Caldo for takeout. It was at Dencia’s where I attended a number of wedding receptions. And just last year, we celebrated Ate Toto’s surprise birthday party at the restaurant.

At that particular rainy night, I was able to enjoy one of the best dinners of my life in recent years. Thanks to Dencia’s for a seemingly simple but very satisfying dining experience.

————————–

Davao Dencia’s Restaurant
Gen. Luna Street, Davao City
Phone (082) 226-4336

6 Comments

1. Abby August 13, 2012 at 2:48 pm - Reply

I agree. These dishes are no doubt comfort food during rainy seasons. I recently blogged about a dish that I found really ideal for the rainy days, this time out from Grub Resto Cafe (my fave).

2. pol pamankin August 14, 2012 at 6:50 pm - Reply

pwede padala ka d2 sa akin nyan tito jay?

• DavaoBase August 16, 2012 at 6:03 am - Reply

Punta ka na lang dito sa Davao, para mainit pa ang Arroz Caldo. Hehe.

3. Shirley November 26, 2012 at 6:19 am - Reply

grew up going to Dencia’s and eating these dishes and their cold cuts as way back when it was the old restaurant they had before. Same food…same quality…never fails… and sometimes when we have our mini reunion with my Marisians batchmates, maka libre ug merienda diba William ? ;D hehehe…

4. christaline December 13, 2012 at 4:24 pm - Reply

sorry to say this but, my experience with this particular resto was not that good. we used to always eat there every sunday. eventually we’ve noticed flies flying around and even rats passing by since our usual table was near a corner. food was okay but we were afraid for our health.

5. Jenille Lim February 8, 2013 at 12:17 am - Reply

How much now for their tokwa’t baboy and arroz caldo? It’s been a long time since I last went there. Thank you in advance. :)

Leave A Response