Nokia Takes Spotlight with New Lumia Phones

June 8, 2012 14 Comments »

The launch of Nokia’s Lumia phones made waves in Twitter (believe me, it was like one Lumia-related tweet after another!) for several days. Understandably so, since a lot of people are excited to be part of the Lumianation.

Nokia, which probably provided every Filipino adult’s first phone, did not hold out and launched not one, but FOUR Lumia phones!

Nokia Lumia 610 is available at Nokia Stores for P10,980. Nokia Lumia 710 is available under Smart’s Postpaid Data Plan 1000, while Nokia Lumia 800 is available for P23,500 or for free with Globe’s Unli Surf Plan 1799. If you want a Nokia Lumia 900, you can get it for P27,990, and it comes with a Nokia Purity Headset by Monster.

While we’ve heard people comment about the lack of apps for the Windows Phone operating system, especially when compared to Android or iOS, Nokia General Manager Dharmesh Goshalia assured, in a press conference in Cafe Laguna-Abreeza, that Windows has enough relevant apps. He also emphasized the quality of the apps available for the company’s new Lumia phones.

I remember my first phone was a Nokia, and Hubby still uses a Nokia until now. We find the Ovi Maps on his phone really helpful when we travel (you know men and how they hate asking for directions, haha!). The maps are accurate and easy to read. Most of the elders in our family also use the ever so user-friendly phones from Nokia. Launching the Lumia phones would help Nokia get a grip of the younger market, most of whom use a phone not only to call or text but also to stay connected via social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare, to play games and have fun online, to do research on the go, and more. Plus, the Lumia phones come in interesting colors, not just the regular black or white.

You can check the new Nokia Lumia phones during your next visit to a Globe, Smart or Nokia store in Davao, and get a feel of how it would work for you.

WIN UNLIMITED FLIGHTS VIA PHILIPPINE AIRLINES

Nokia Lumia owners nationwide also stand a chance to be one of the 100 winners of 4 consecutive weeks of UNLIMITED flights via Philippine Airlines! Travel period is from July 1, 2012 until July 1, 2013 valid for Legaspi, Kalibo, Cebu, Tagbilaran, Davao and Puerto Princesa flights.

Lumia owners just need to send a text entry following the format I CAN LUMIA FULL NAME/ADDRESS/IMEI to 2960 (for Globe and Smart subscribers). Deadline for submission of SMS entries is on June 15, 2012. Check full Nokia Lumia promo mechanics here.

14 Comments

1. Cham Cuartero June 11, 2012 at 10:30 am - Reply

Though not my first phone, my Nokia 3210 is definitely my first phone-love… Very reliable… I wonder if they still make those kinds, hindi katulad ngayon, halos disposable na lahat. If Nokia will re-launch the 3210, I’d still get one for myself… :)

• DavaoBase June 12, 2012 at 11:06 am - Reply

My first phone was a Nokia 3210! Admitting to having owned this phone totally gives away our age. Haha..

2. Renz Bulseco June 12, 2012 at 12:04 am - Reply

Woot! Was really considering of buying a Lumia phone! Puhon puhon, palit jud ko coz it’s really fast!

• DavaoBase June 13, 2012 at 9:08 am - Reply

I was able to check out Lyle’s Lumia phone last week. It’s really nice! With the huge tiles and the size of its text, parang it’s meant for me. Haha..

3. rudolphian June 13, 2012 at 9:22 am - Reply

windows phones are the best. sana ito ang muling bumuhay sa nokia

• DavaoBase June 14, 2012 at 10:10 pm - Reply

Namatay pala, Dolph? Hehe..

4. Julie Tolentino June 13, 2012 at 9:37 am - Reply

They say Nokia Lumia phones can come to par with the infamous iPhone. But knowing this is Nokia, maybe, just maybe, it may come out better than Apple. :)

• DavaoBase June 14, 2012 at 10:12 pm - Reply

It looks very promising. Sana nga it’s really good para more options for everyone, d ba? =)

5. Rovie June 13, 2012 at 1:12 pm - Reply

This is a good news. At least Nokia users will have more options…. Lumia phobe prices are cheaper compared with iPhone :-)

• DavaoBase June 14, 2012 at 10:17 pm - Reply

You’re right, the Lumia phones are cheaper than the iPhone. This is one good thing about having competition, the end result is maraming options for customers. =)

6. Nylarej June 16, 2012 at 10:34 am - Reply

I actually have seen Lumia from a tv advertisement, I think that was Kris who endorses it, right? Well, it’s totally another new craze in town! It’s way cheaper than iPhone

• DavaoBase June 18, 2012 at 11:23 am - Reply

Yes, Nokia people mentioned that customers actually ask for the “Kris Aquino phone” when looking for Nokia Lumia. =)

7. nataliejill June 18, 2012 at 11:05 am - Reply

I would want to buy a Lumia fone soon since the reviews are good..though nokia is not so popular..its Samsung who takes the lead on the mobile industry now :D

Leave A Response