My husband’s older brother, his wife and 3 kids were in Davao recently for a vacation. As Eden Nature Park is one of Davao’s prime tourist spots, my in-laws organized a family trip there. I’ve been to Eden a few times, but a family outing is always a nice activity. Thus, my hubby and I both filed for a vacation leave.
Call time was 8 AM at my father-in-law’s house. Yet, we were able to hit the road to Eden at around 10:30. No, it’s not that far, we ran a bit late. 😉 But hey, this is a family outing, not a business trip, so it was no big deal really.
Eden provided lots of opportunities for us to bond and enjoy. Here are the hit spots in our family:
1) Playground – well, we’ve got plenty kids …
2) Vista Kiosk – we ate spaghetti, cheese sticks and french fries while a beautifully colored peacock seemed to check if we were enjoying our stay
3) Indiana Jones – at first, I thought the little kids can’t ride the Indiana Jones. But, hey, my husband’s nieces kept on asking for more after trying once!
4) Guided Shuttle Tour – we were supposed to be divided into 2 groups since the available shuttles were small. But, we insisted on having the tour all together, so the Eden staff just have to gave us the bigger shuttle – ang kukulit kasi! 😉
5) Flower Garden – got lots of pictures here…
6) Matinlo Falls – perfect for picture taking!
7) Horseback Riding – the kids tried horseback riding for PhP 85 per 2 rounds while the adults watched them in the nearby canteen.
8.) Skyrider – we were not able to try it as both time and energy have already imposed limits. It was still fun watching those who did, though. I was able to try zipwiring in Outland Adventure, but the Skyrider in Eden is higher and longer. Hmm, maybe next time… By the way, a round-trip ride through Eden’s Skyrider costs PhP 150 per person.
There are a lot more that Eden has to offer. They have a swimming pool, a soccer field, a fishing village, hiking trails, Pinoy games area and more. For those planning to visit Eden soon, you may check their site and see how you can maximize your Eden trip.